I had a very busy day today, expanding my home apiary, making splits and introducing new queens. I also had a friend drop round with three virgin queens for me to put into my queen bank as the next three or four days are forecast for rain and thunder storms.

I built a new stand so I could fit more nucs into the garden, ready for queen rearing.

Once that was done, I made some splits to accept the new queens I have ready, some of the nucs going on the new stand. All the nucs have a feeder with 1:1 syrup mix to help them build up.

The stand with new nucs

Then I marked the Virgin queens my friend brought round, and added them to my queen bank.

I have more queens ready next week, so things are moving on. I hope to run a full batch of queens once the wet weather has gone.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.